Adult Roles in Scouts
Adult roles in Scouts are as varied and diverse as your imagination!
Most Leaders in Scouting are adults responsible for the delivery of the Youth Program.
These Leaders undertake fun activities with young people, usually on a weekly basis.
As a Leader of Youth, you work with your team to support young people learning new skills through the Scout method. This means that young people lead, and you are their mentor. Depending on the age group, you will provide more or less hands-on guidance.
Delivering the Youth Program can be very rewarding!
Leaders of Youth told us what they enjoy about their experience:
• You get to meet such a diverse group of people through Scouting.
• Scouting teaches a sense of community.
• Just get up and out into nature and fresh air!
• The more energy that you put in, the more you get out of it!
• Scouting is one big family.
To find out more about how to Volunteer for Scouts, please contact our Membership team