Scouts SA 2015 Annual General Meeting
What a fantastic evening for Scouting in South Australia!
Updated: Friday July 17 2015
Over 180 members, patrons, staff and invited guests joined in a united passion for Scouting at our Titanium Security Arena to hear of the great shape Scouting is in in SA.
The evening commenced with a comprehensive presentation by the BEC on money management, commercial fundraising, governance and marketing.
Highlights of this presentation included:
- The 2014-15 profit from our Commercial Fundraising was around $2.27M for Scouting.
- Our Property plant and equipment has grown from approximately $20M in 2006 to nearly $27M in 2015.
- Over $1.36M has been distributed as non repayable grants to to Scout Groups and Sections through the Branch request for assistance program since 2007.
- Since 2005 we have sold property totalling approx $3.4M and invested in property totalling approx $5.1M
- Over the last 10 years we have invested $1.4M in capital improvements and maintenance at Woodhouse.
- Our Arena, Titanium Stadium Arena has returned a profit in only our second year of ownership.
- Our recycling centre business is positioned for growth.
- Our youth membership has grown steadily over the last 14 years.
- Our participation rate is the best of any Australian state.
- We are indeed in a great place.
The presentation was very well received by the meeting.
The Annual Report and Financials were presented and accepted unanimously by the meeting.
The Annual Report, full financials and auditors report are all available here to download.
An election for the following positions on the Branch Executive Committee was held. The successful candidates were:
- Paul Dickson APM, Vice President
- Jan Turbill, Supporting Member
- Greg Warnes, Adult Leader
- Jessica Tsakiris, Young Adult
The successful candidates were all sitting members. This is strong recognition of the confidence of the membership in the current strategic direction and leadership of Scouting in SA. Congratulations to all who nominated for election to the BEC.
Scouts SA is pleased to award the following members Life Membership
- Andrew MacGillivray Read Andy's citation here
- Christa Marshall Read Christa's citation here
- Dennis Marshall Read Dennis' citation here
Woodhouse Review Survey
A much awaited highlight of the night was the presentation by Vice President Paul Dickson APM of the results of the Woodhouse review survey.
The full findings of the survey are available here.
Thank you to all for supporting this wonderful Scout organisation.