Scout Groups and Districts
The Scout Group is a community "franchise" run by volunteer leaders, parents and committees. It is a welcoming group of a Joey Mob(s), Cub Pack(s), Scout Troop(s) and Venturer Unit. It may also accommodate a Rover Crew. It is not unusual for youth to grow up in a Scout Group and remain as Leaders in their adult years. Some families enjoy and benefit from Scouting so much that they remain with their Scout Group for many decades.
Find your local Scout Group here.
We have 122 groups in South Australia spread from Mt Gambier in the South East, Roxby Downs in the North and Pt Lincoln in the West. If you are unable to get to a Group the Lone Scouts may be for your family.
The Scout Groups are attached to Districts and are supported by their District Team. The District Commissioner and his /her team provide
- guidance and approval for activities.
- HR support for Leaders, through training, succession planning and adult reviews.
- help for Groups to continually improve the quality of their programs.
- responsibility for the adherence of the policy and rules.
- the point of contact for all members of their district for any support required.
Find out about our Districts here.