Are you interested in supporting others with the Program?
We have vacancies in the following teams to support others in the program.
Programming, Challenge Areas, Unit Councils, Plan>Do>Review
You'll be allocated as a Primary or Secondary support person to a Scout Group to support that group with the program. Things like programming support or helping to facilitate that group being supported more.
Special Interest Areas
Resource and Idea sharing, Sustainable Development Goals, Networking
Working as part of an SIA team across the different areas:
- Adventure & Sport
- Arts & Literature
- Creating a Better World
- Growth & Development
- STEM & Innovation
Helping share ideas, work with Units who need support to make SIA work and develop resources and networks with external parties and organisations to help support SIA.
Outdoor Adventure Skills
Two down, connection of OAS and Adventurous Activities team, accessibility
Working as part of support teams answering queries or helping connect Units with Adventurous Activities, including
- Supporting youth led planning of OAS Activities and connection with Adventurous Activity teams where required.
- Advancing youth peering 'two down' within groups and wider networks
- Contributing to resources promoting OAS programming ideas, resources and providers for various OAS Streams and Stages
- Sharing OAS activity review insights with the Program Team
- Supporting units and groups as a Subject Mater Expert for specific OAS Streams and/or Stages
Age Ranges, Linking, events/activities, Personal Development Courses, assets and resources
You'll work in one of the teams to support the educational areas of Scouting - helping Units with age queries, Personal Development courses, linking, the underlying educational purpose of Scouting etc!
What is involved
Depending on the team you join there will be a mix of roles/responsibilities. Some will involve direct contact on a regular basis with a Unit/Group. Others may be as part of a resource development/sharing team.
The role would include things like:
- Support the program and units when the need arises and when asked
- Approve A5s for activities
- Act as a conduit for queries - pass the question on to the most relevant team to answer
- Support multiple sections in nominated Groups
- Log support requests and provide feedback to your upline on your support actions
- Accessing Unit programs
The role won't include things like:
- Get involved in issues outside of program within a Unit/Group
- Running monthly meetings i.e. Mindari, Seeonee
- Attending Group meetings unless invited
Fill in the expression of interest and one of the team leaders will then be in contact to discuss your level of involvment, areas of expertise etc.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org