Youth Program Review
Imagine the possibilities
This is a challenging and exciting adventure that must engage the opinions of both Scouting and the wider community. We will need to take risks, look wide, determine our key markets and be bold in the decisions that we make. We promote to the community an image of adventure and fun but is that how we are perceived by the wider community today?
Did you know?
- Today Scouts Australia has 52,000 youth members
- In 1990 our youth membership was 93,000
- In 1979 our youth membership was 114,500 (this was before the introduction of girls in the younger sections and Joey Scouts)
- In 1979 our total membership was 166,000
- Today, the population of Australia is 23 million, in 1979 it was 14 million
- Currently UK Scouting has a waiting list of 37,000 young people hoping to join Scouting
- Scouting in Ireland, New Zealand and Canada are reviewing or have recently reviewed their youth program
- In 2012 we recruited 19,105 youth members but we lost 18,858 youth members
The Youth Program Review
The Youth Program Review is entering an exciting phase as a series of workshops is to commence soon to get member feedback on the current proposals for our new Program.